【Applied Energy最新原创论文】一种用于太阳能热电联产系统的直接由硅油冷却的透射式聚光光伏组件

发布于 2021-03-02 21:02

原文信息:

A transmissive concentrator photovoltaic module with cells directly cooled by silicone oil for solar cogeneration systems

原文链接:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0306261921001574

Highlights


  1. PV converts short-wave light to electricity and transmits remainder for thermal use.

  2. Silicone oil removes waste heat, flowing past immersed cells in concentrated light.

  3. Prototype tested outdoors for 572 sun⋅hrs at up to 166 suns with PV module < 120 ◦C.

  4. A conical cavity thermal receiver collects the transmitted infrared light.

  5. Hybrid receiver shows 86% efficiency (electricity, cell cooling, and thermal power)

摘要


混合式聚光器光伏热系统可以通过将入射的聚光光束分解到光伏电池和热接收器上来产生电能和热量,从而提高总转换效率并潜在地降低系统成本。为了证明这一点,我们设计并制作了透射光谱分离聚光器光伏组件的原型,该组件可通过利用整个太阳光谱来最大化太阳能转换。使用红外透射型三结光伏电池收集可见光,以使λ<873 nm的光的带内模块效率达到43.3%,而透射的λ> 873 nm的带外光的透射率为44.2%通过热接收器收集。在高达166倍太阳的双轴跟踪抛物面蝶式聚光器上进行测试期间,通过一种新型的主动冷却方法,将电池温度保持在119℃或更低。经过实验和仿真验证,该冷却系统严格地使硅油直接流过电池的两侧,而不会抑制光传输。该模块在室外经过572 sun·hrs的验证,并达到180°C的最高热接收器温度。在电气,冷却和热接收器子系统之间,以166倍太阳的平均浓度收集了86.1%的入射太阳能。其余的13.9%会损失以反射率,镜面阴影,接收器反射和热损耗。相对于以前的透射混合混合式聚光器光伏热系统(包括微流体冷却设计),使用惰性硅油直接冷却电池的能力可降低系统成本。这种太阳能热电联产能力在广泛的商业和工业应用中都很有价值。
更多关于“Solar cogeneration”的研究请见:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/search?qs=Solar+cogeneration&pub=Applied+Energy&cid=271429

Abstract


Hybrid concentrator photovoltaic-thermal systems can cogenerate electricity and heat by beam-splitting incoming concentrated light onto photovoltaic cells and a thermal receiver to increase total conversion efficiency and potentially reduce system cost. To demonstrate this, we have designed and prototyped a transmissive spectrum-splitting concentrator photovoltaic module that maximizes solar energy conversion by utilizing the entire solar spectrum. Visible light is collected using infrared-transmissive triple-junction photovoltaic cells to achieve an in-band module efficiency of 43.3% for light of wavelength λ < 873 nm, while 44.2% of out-of-band light with λ > 873 nm is transmitted through for collection by a thermal receiver. During testing on a dual-axis tracked parabolic concentrator dish at up to 166 suns, cell temperatures were maintained at 119 ◦C or below via a novel active cooling method. This cooling system strictly flows silicone oil directly across both sides of the cells, without inhibiting optical transmission, as verified through experimentation and simulation. The module was validated outdoors for 572 sun⋅hrs, and achieved a maximum thermal receiver temperature of 180 ◦C. 86.1% of incident solar power is collected at 166 suns average concentration collectively among the electrical, cooling, and thermal receiver subsystems. The remaining 13.9% is lost to mirror reflectivity, dish shadowing, receiver reflection, and thermal losses. The ability to directly cool the cells with an inert silicone oil offers the potential for reduced system cost relative to previous transmissive hybrid concentrator photovoltaic-thermal systems, including microfluidic-cooled designs. This solar cogeneration capability is valuable in a wide range of commercial and industrial applications.
Keywords

Solar cogeneration

Hybrid photovoltaic-thermal systems

Transmissive photovoltaic modules

Silicone oil

Active cooling of photovoltaics

Schematics

Fig. 3. (A) The superstrate quartz glass with PDMS cooling channels, 6 quartz supports, and 16 cells wired into 8 pairs; (B) Integration of the superstrate quartz glass and the bottom aluminum collar with quadrants wired together and thermocouples in place; (C) The closed DFC CPV module ready for tests; (D) The layout of thermocouples (red dots) within the module.

Fig. 7. (A) The DFC CPV module mounted on a 2-axis tracker with a partially masked 2.7 m2 parabolic concentrator dish in a San Diego-based outdoor testbed. (B) Close-up image of the module on sun.ples (red dots) within the module.

Fig. 10. (A) DFC CPV module I-V sweeps normalized to incident suns under a range of average incident sunlight concentration. Inset table shows summary performance for key tests in chronological order from left to right. 


Fig. 11. All plots reflect conditions in outdoor testing using measured flux maps with average concentration of 166 suns and ambient temperature of 25 ◦C.


 关于我们 


本期小编:张振文。

                                          

《Applied Energy》是世界能源领域著名学术期刊,在全球出版巨头爱思唯尔 (Elsevier) 旗下,1975 年创刊,影响因子8.848,CiteScore 16.4。高被引论文ESI全球工程期刊排名第4,谷歌学术全球学术期刊第61,本刊旨在为清洁能源转换技术、能源过程和系统优化、能源效率、智慧能源、环境污染物及温室气体减排、能源与其他学科交叉融合、以及能源可持续发展等领域提供交流分享和合作的平台。

点击“阅读原文”

阅读文章吧

喜欢我们的内容?

点个“赞”或者“在看”支持下吧!